Friday, September 20, 2013

Fruit-Nut Coconut Rolls

Is that title confusing? You can technically make this treat with any type of dried fruit and any nut, so I didn't want to label it "Cashew Apricot Coconut Rolls" like I made them, because maybe someone doesn't like cashews and wants to make Almond ones! See how sneaky I am.....trying to get more people to check my recipes out!

Sometimes you just need something sweet, especially in my house! This was a perfect weekend snack, and it didn't last more than 10 minutes once they were made.

I have pretty much every enjoyable nut in a big jar in the pantry. Organized in little rows. Raw almonds, roasted almonds, pistachios, pecans, macadamia nuts, and especially cashews. My boyfriend could eat an entire jar of cashews in one sitting if I would let him! So I figured they would be the perfect nut to use for this treat, but it would have tasted amazing with any of them.

Don't have raisins or apricots in the house, or only have one? Use just one type of fruit for the recipe then, or use any other dried fruit you can imagine! Prunes, figs, dates, berries. We just happened to have raisins and apricots in the pantry.

Oh, and if you want to be super lazy, just mix the coconut into the mixture in the food processor and you don't even need to do the step where you roll these suckers in coconut. Win!

Ingredients (This will make about 10-15 rolls, easily half or double this recipe as needed)
1. 1 cup of nuts (I used cashews, but again, any kind will work! You can even do a mixture)
2. 1 cup of dried fruit (I used 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup of apricots. Use whatever you got!)
3. 1/2 cup of shredded coconut

Instructions
1. In the food processor, mix together the nuts and the dried fruit for atleast 2 minutes, until the nuts get more like a peanut butter consistency and the whole mixture is pretty wet.
Ready for mixing!

Mixed after a few minutes
2. Place the shredded coconut on a plate. Roll out your balls of the fruit-nut mixture, and then roll the balls into the coconut.
*You can add the coconut to the food processor if you prefer, and omit step 2.*
The end! Enjoy your well-deserved treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment