I just recently discovered that you could make an excellent crust out of plantains. I haven't really cooked with plantains often, but had bought some at the store the other day and wasn't sure what I would do with them. So I blended them up with some eggs and coconut, and baked it to see if it would solidify---and it did! This worked out great. Get creative and add whatever toppings you want!
1) 3 medium-ripe large plantains (about 1 pound)
2) 2 eggs
3) 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Your pizza toppings -- mine included guacamole, ground beef, salsa and tomatoes.
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) Peel and roughly chop your plantains. Add to a food processor or blender, plus your eggs and coconut.
6) While your pizza crust is baking, we browned up ground beef in a large skillet. Once that was cooked, we drained most of the grease and added salsa until slightly moist.
7) Once your pizza crust is done, it will just be starting to brown on the very outside. Remove from the oven.